Rubber anti-vibration mountings are used in a vast range of applications
where the prime objective is to eliminate harmful vibration and reduce noise
and absorb shock. The high internal isolating properties of rubber make them
well suited for making anti-vibration mountings. A wide range of rubber
anti-vibration mountings is available.
Types of Rubber used
- Natural Rubber
Functions of Anti Vibration Mountings
- Isolate vibrations from work surfaces
- Reduce noise levels
- Absorb shock
Properties of Rubber Anti Vibration Mountings
- Withstand the extreme operating environments.
- Resistance to oils.
- Resistant to surface abrasion wear and sunlight exposure.
- Withstand large temperature fluctuations.
- Radial elasticity greater than axial elasticity.
- The rubber can work in:
- A Combination shear/compression
- A wide variety of dimensions is available.
- Easy to Fix.
Types of Anti Vibration Mounts
- Cylindrical Mounts: Mountings usually for general
low cost applications. They are easy-to-install mounts, made of high
quality rubber and provided with mild steel connection plates.
- Technical Mounts: Rubber mounts providing a
technical solution for reducing noise and vibration transmission and
- Leveling Mounts:The elastomer base has anti-slip
- Anti Vibration Plates: Plates, providing a good
protection and decreasing the noise level in workshops.
Rubber mountings provide vibration isolation solution to the following:
- Cooling systems
- Chassis to body excitation
- Sensitive electrical /
- Cab mounting
- Suspension systems
- Transmissions / gearboxes
- Fuel systems / fuel tanks
- Steering linkages
- Exhaust systems
- Torque / drive couplings
- Electrical enclosures
Rubber anti-vibration mountings are used for a variety of industrial
application like as in compressors, pumps, generator sets, electronic
components, agricultural machinery, and earth moving construction machinery.
A wide range of rubber anti-vibration mountings are used for the support of
marine propulsion engines, chiller-units, generator sets, cooling machinery,
compressors and pumps. Exhaust Anti-vibration Mountings in combination with
expansion joints are used for the flexible support and assembly of exhaust
systems on board ships.
Automotive and Railway Industry
Couplings, rubber to metal-bonded suspension components, anti vibration
mountings are available for use in the automotive and railway industry.