Rubber beading is
one of the important accessories used in the automobile industry as well as
in other industries where glass works are permanently in function. The
rubber beading generally is a strip of rubber used along the edges of
glasses to provide them support such that the glasses could withstand the
jerks and shocks. They are fastened to the windows of automobiles like cars,
buses, trucks etc. They are also used as window seals, door seals in
residence. The perfect complement to any window trim is rubber beading. Such
beadings are available in different colors to give a attractive look to the
decor of the room. The rubber beadings are designed to acquire the shape of
the glasses. They are flexible but strong.
Types of Rubber used in Making Beadings
Various types of rubbers
are used for making rubber beadings. Some of such rubber types are as
Types of Rubber Beadings
The type of rubber beading to be used
depends on the application. There are basically two types of rubber beadings
available with the beading manufacturers and suppliers.
- "P" Type Rubber Beading: This comes as a
strip and adhesive must be used separately- adhesive especially
formulated for use with rubber.
- Foam Rubber Beading: This comes backed with an
Uses of Rubber Beadings
There are a number of industrial
applications of rubber beadings.
- Rubber beadings are used in car doors to protect the car body from
- Door Seal or window seal rubber beadings prevent water and dirt
getting inside, causing damage or rust while at the same time eliminate
drafts and wind whistles.
- The rubber beadings never crack and restore proper seal around the
entire door. They are easy to install.
- Rubber beading is also used to prevent any scuffing between the
sliders and the body.
- Synthetic rubber beading is used in helmets to protect peripheral
edges against damage due to abrasion.
Rubber Beadings Applications
Rubber beadings find application in
the following industries.
- Marine Crafts
- Plant and Machineries
- Residential windows and door seals