Rubber stoppers are widely used for the commercial, industrial and
scientific markets. They are made from different types of rubber and
available in various sizes and styles depending on rubber stopper
Rubber Stopper Uses?
Possible uses of rubber stoppers are wide and
varied. Rubber stops are widely used as
- Mechanical Stop
- Vibration Mount
- Sticky feet for platform
- Pipe stoppers
- Paint masks
- Tube plugs
- Door stopper
- Rubber stoppers fit into test tubes, boiling flask and other such
laboratory glassware as closure
Rubber Stopper Materials
Rubber stoppers are not only manufactured
from natural rubber but also from different
types of synthetic rubber
Some of the rubber used for making rubber stoppers are as follows:
Types of Rubber Stoppers
- Solid Rubber Stoppers- Solid rubber stoppers are generally
used for beer and wine equipment. These types of rubber stopper are also
handy for other projects around the house. Solid rubber stopper sizes
vary from size 000 through size 15
- One-hole Rubber Stoppers- One hole rubber stops are generally
used as laboratory stoppers. They are available with the rubber stopper
manufacturers, generally in standard and custom sizes.
- Two-hole Rubber Stoppers- These sturdy rubber stoppers are
also lab-grade corks that are used for test tubes and flasks that
contain liquids. They fit tightly to and prevent any kind of chemical
Reasons for Using Rubber Stoppers
There are many advantages of
rubber stoppers for which they are extensively used across various
industries, laboratories and even in homes.
- The rubber material used in making stoppers is soft and pliable.
- Rubber stoppers are long lasting.
- They are resilient.
- Rubber stoppers are used to seal test tubes and other types of glass
to prevent entering of any kind of airborne contaminants.
- Rubber stoppers give a better seal compared to other stoppers and are
recommended for more volatile materials.
- These stoppers are high temperature resistant rubber to function in a
wide variety of applications.